Friday, March 9, 2012

Dying to self

This is exactly what I've been fighting recently:  Dying to myself.  I've spent a good part of my life creating an image of a man who is seeking God.  Part of it was sincere, but at some point, I became obsessed with the image rather than the truth.

It was exhausting, and I'm so thankful that I'm ready to be honest.

Here's the video from Rob Bell's Nooma project.  Feel free to fast forward 4 or 5 minutes if you're short on time.


I hope you are encouraged to continue to seek God through Lent.

I've had this song stuck in my head all day:
I want to know Christ,
     And the power or His rising,
     Share in His suffering,
     Conform to His death:
     When I pour out my life
     To be filled with His Spirit,
     Joy follows suffering,
     And life follows death.



No comments:

Post a Comment