Sunday, March 4, 2012

A thought from C.S. Lewis

I'm a patient of the Great Physician, but it cannot be all about me.  The new "C.S. Lewis Bible" is now available, and, along with it, this nice little piece from the Huffington Post.  I took this from slide 6 at the bottom. 

It's a reminder that we are called by God, even though we need Him just as much as anyone we serve.

C.S. Lewis "'Thy will be done.' But a great deal of it is to be done by God's creatures; including me. The petition, then, is not merely that I may patiently suffer God's will but also that I may vigorously do it. I must be an agent as well as a patient. I am asking that I may be enabled to do it." -- from "Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer"
Bible Passage "Now he was casting out a demon that was mute; when the demon had gone out, the one who had been mute spoke, and the crowds were amazed." -- Luke 11:4
Keep serving this Lenten season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment